08 Sep Strawberry Coulis Magic
Why buy jam or marmalade loaded with preservatives when you can make some gorgeous coulis at home?! And the best part, it literally takes 5 mins!
All you need is some strawberry, sugar and vanilla. Since this recipe calls for just 3 ingredients, it is important to get the best quality ingredients to ensure your coulis tastes like heaven! I got Driscoll’s strawberry, Vahine vanilla sugar (I picked this in Paris, not sure if you get it in Singapore. But the better your vanilla the stronger the flavor) and some brown sugar (I feel it’s healthier? Oh well, this is dessert after all).
All you need – 4 big strawberries, 1/8 cup brown sugar, 1 tea spoon vanilla essence or vanilla sugar
So this is how you do it –
- Chop strawberries in small pieces.
- Place it in a pan and let it melt for about 4 minutes.
- Add sugar and vanilla, mix and let it simmer on low heat.
- Cover the pot to trap all the moisture so you get a gooey product at the end.
- After about 5 minutes test the strawberry pieces. If they feel really soft, crush a few of them and Cook for another minute.
- Quickly transfer in your jam bottle and let it cool.
You can store this jam for about a week in the fridge. Keep it in the chiller for freshness.
Use this coulis with pancakes, waffles, Vanilla ice cream, plain white bread, or with Lava cakes like moi! Best! 😍