05 Jan Ooey Gooey Chocolate Brownies
I recently got married, just a month ago. 😎 And like any other bride I was starving myself, eating healthy to look gorgeous on the D-Day. This for me, was torture, because I had to give up my one true love – chocolate! Imagine the pain, no chocolate cake, no ice creams, no brownies, no tarts, no milkshakes, basically life was pretty sad. But hey, you gotta make sacrifices right? You only get married once after all.
So, you can imagine my child-like excitement when the first bite of chocolate bliss touched my lips after months of staring-but-not-touching episodes. That was my wedding cake! There has been no stopping since. I’ve been gorging like no tomorrow and this past one month with the Christmas spirit in the air, I’ve eaten more than what I did in the first 11 months of 2016!
To add to the celebrations I decided to bake for my in-laws for the first time in our new home. I wasn’t sure what to bake as the place, kitchen and the oven were new to me. I didn’t have a lot of ingredients readily available and armed with limited knowledge of their food preferences (I know they love chocolate, which isn’t surprising cuz I mean who doesn’t?!) I decided to bake the best batch of brownies ever! Simple, minimalistic and heavenly!
So I pulled out my all Star recipe.
Here’s what I used –
- 200gm dark chocolate (chopped)
- 100gm milk chocolate (chopped)
- 115gm (half cup) salted butter
- 150gm granulated sugar
- 50gm light brown sugar
- 90gm All purpose flour (or plain flour like Maida)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
I don’t use any cocoa powder as I like my brownies fudgy and chewy not cakey. If you want you can add about 10gm of cocoa powder and reduce the flour.
1. Keep 50gm of chopped milk chocolate separate, we’ll add this to the batter later. It’ll add some chunkiness to the brownies. If you don’t like dark chocolate you can use 300gm of all milk chocolate. How you break up the 300gm is completely up to you!
2. Take the butter and chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for about 2 mins. Use a fork to mix and ensure its all well incorporated. Let the mixture cool for 10 mins.
3. Preheat the oven to 170 deg C.
4. Whisk in the sugar in the Chocolate mixture. Add egg, one at a time followed by salt and vanilla extract.
5. In the end, whisk in the flour in 3 batches and make sure it’s all well incorporated.
6. Fold in the chopped milk chocolate in the mixture and place it in a baking dish lined with baking paper.
7. Bake the brownies for 30-35 minutes. Test the center with a toothpick, if the brownie mixture sticks on to the toothpick then bake it a bit more for another 3-5 minutes. When the toothpick comes out clean your brownies are ready!
These are perfectly crumby on the outside and chewy fudgy on the inside.
Considering my love for dessert, the wedding diet was absolutely necessary. At least for a short period I was eating low-sugar, low-carb, healthy stuff and ended up looking like that!
But boy was I depressed! So I’m back to being happy and enjoying my food (although in moderation) Now is the time to celebrate and no more dieting! Eat healthy and stay happy.
Besides they say Chocolate is good for the heart. So bake these and keep your heart happy! 😉😘