24 Oct Halloween Special Pumpkin Pasta
I’ve been craving everything pumpkin since I realized it’s the Halloween month. It’s yummy, it’s seasonal and it’s a super food, so why not?! Pumpkin is known to make you feel fuller for longer. So you avoid the binge eating to look glam for the upcoming festive season. 😘 It also helps lower blood pressure, protects your heart and regulates sleep. With all these amazing benefits it would be a shame if we didn’t cook up something delish with our favorite ingredient of the month!
So I decided to buy a quarter of a pumpkin and see what I can conjure up with it over the weekend.
With a few ingredients sitting in my fridge I decided to throw it all to make a batch of the creamiest yummiest Roasted pumpkin portobello pasta!
All you need for 4 pax
1. Diced pumpkin – 250gm
2. Diced portobello mushroom – 200gm
3. Green Chilli – 2 pieces
4. Heavy cream – quarter cup
5. Full cream Milk – a cup
6. Pasta (I used spaghetti, but you can use penne or any other type based on your preference)
7. Garlic – half a bulb
8. Some dried herbs to sprinkle
9. Fresh Bocconcini – 50gm, for garnishing
Roast the Pumpkin
1. Coat the pumpkin and portobello in olive oil, some salt, pepper and herbs (I used rosemary and marjoram) and roast in a pre heated oven at 200degC for 35 mins.
2. Wrap the garlic bulb in foil or butter paper and place it on the same rack as the pumpkin mixture.
Blend it to a yummy sauce
1. Blend 3/4th of the pumpkin mixture together with cream, milk and chillies.
2. Squeeze the garlic out of the wraps into the pumpkin sauce and mix.
3. Add this sauce to al-dente pasta and heat the mixture on high for about 2 minutes to incorporate well. Do not overcook the pasta.
4. Add milk if the sauce thickens too much.
5. Garnish with fresh Bocconcini, remaining pieces of roasted pumpkin and mushroom and serve!